What is Fujihack?
- Fujihack is a patched firmware that can be run on Fujifilm cameras.
- It's currently a research project with the goal of improving and fixing cameras.
What's Been Done?
- Unpack, repack, and modify firmware
- Harmless code execution hijacks in firmware
- Portable debugger firmware patch with brute-force RAM searching & patching
- Patch RAM code to enable instant read/write/exec abilities over USB
- Complete RAM and flash dump (1GB, 67mb)
- Interface with embedded internal SQLite
- Extend 14 minute record limit
- Read IO: buttons, gyroscope, accelerometer
- Fix broken shutter button with clever button remapping
- Documented hidden scripting abilities
- Draw debug text and rasterizer objects
- Graphics rendering onto OpenGL buffer
- Background task creation, deletion, semaphores, task hooks, events
- Primitive card speed tests (capped at 35mbps)
- Gryoscope controlled Tetris, 7fps DOOM port
- POSIX compliant compatibility layer
What's being worked on?
- Researching less intrusive methods for code execution
- Creating a custom menu with apps, scripts, and real time patching and tweaking
- Bypassing error codes and remapping buttons to 'repair' broken or flawed cameras
- Reverse engineering and tweaking imaging and video code
Would it work with my camera?
FujiHack will only ever work on Fujifilm X/GFX/HS/F/Z/Pro cameras. You can put your firmware file into the web patcher
to see if FujiHack is compatible with your firmware type. In general, FujiHack does NOT support the XP and S series Fujifilm cameras.
The S Series has already been hacked by CHDK forum members.
What is it written in?
The firmware debugger patches are written in ARM Assembly. Most Fujifilm cameras run a custom ARM v6 SoC.
Everything else is written in C, with some experiments in Rust.
When will you work on X?
This is an open-source non-profit project, and isn't backed by any company, and has no deadlines or plans. Consider it a miracle that it exists in the first place.
Copyright (C) 2024 by Daniel C and FujiHack contributors
FujiHack is not affiliated with Fujifilm or any other group
FujiHack code is licensed under the GPL v3.0